(LEAD) ILO dismisses request for intervention by striking trainee doctors: labor ministry
ILO, 전공의단체 개입 요청에 '자격없음' 통보…대전협 "재요청"(종합)
송고시간2024-03-21 11:25 연합뉴스
'업무개시명령은 강제노동 협약 위반' 대전협 개입 요청건 '종결'
대전협 측 "'유일한 전공의 단체' 설명 첨부해 다시 요청"
Park Boram National 11:30 March 21, 2024 Yonhap News
(ATTN: UPDATES with more info in last para) SEOUL, March 21 (Yonhap) -- The International Labour Organization (ILO) has dismissed a request by striking South Korean trainee doctors for intervention in the government's back-to-work order, concluding that they are not recognized as a labor union eligible for the process, officials said Thursday. The labor ministry revealed the development after the Korean Intern and Resident Association said last week that it had sent a letter to the ILO, requesting intervention in the South Korean government's back-to-work order which, it said, was in violation of the Forced Labor Convention. The government has issued an order for striking trainee doctors to return to work or face penalties, such as the revocation of their medical license, after thousands of trainee doctors walked off their duties at general hospitals nationwide last month in protest of the government's expansion of the medical school quota. The doctors' group had accused the order of running counter to the ILO convention against forced labor. Citing the ministry's inquiry with the ILO, labor ministry officials said on Thursday that the international organization has determined the trainee doctors' association is not recognized as a labor union eligible for an ILO procedure. "According to the ILO's secretariat, those eligible are the government, trade unions or management groups, and the Korean Intern and Resident Association failed to have its eligibility recognized," the ministry said. Cho Won-ik, a lawyer representing the medical group, said the ILO decision was conveyed to the group last Friday, and the group immediately submitted another request for intervention with an explanation that it is the sole organization representing trainee doctors. This image shows back-to-work orders issued in the name of the health ministry on a wall of a dorm for trainee doctors at a general hospital in Daegu on March 13, 2024. (Yonhap) pbr@yna.co.kr (END) |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ILO, 전공의단체 개입 요청에 '자격없음' 통보…대전협 "재요청"(종합)
송고시간2024-03-21 11:25 연합뉴스
'업무개시명령은 강제노동 협약 위반' 대전협 개입 요청건 '종결'
대전협 측 "'유일한 전공의 단체' 설명 첨부해 다시 요청"
전공의 '업무개시 명령'
(대구=연합뉴스) 윤관식 기자 = 전공의 집단행동으로 의료공백이 장기화하고 있는 13일 대구의 한 대학병원 인턴숙소 앞 복도에 보건복지부 장관 명의의 업무개시 명령서가 붙어 있다. 2024.3.13 psik@yna.co.kr
(서울=연합뉴스) 고미혜 기자 = 전공의 단체가 정부의 업무개시명령이 강제노동 금지 위반이라며 국제노동기구(ILO)에 개입(인터벤션·intervention)을 요청한 데 대해 ILO가 자체 종결 처리한 것으로 확인됐다고 고용노동부가 21일 전했다.
대한전공의협의회(대전협)가 노사 단체가 아니어서 요청 자격이 없다는 이유인데, 대전협 측은 단체의 대표성에 대한 설명을 더해 다시 개입을 요청했다고 밝혔다.
노동부는 "ILO는 노사 단체의 '의견 조회' 요청이 접수되면 통상 수일 내에 해당국 정부에 접수 사실을 통보하고 정부의 의견을 요청한다"며 "ILO 사무국에서 관련 통보가 없어 ILO 사무국에 문의한 결과 이와 같이 확인됐다"고 밝혔다.
노동부는 "ILO 사무국에 따르면 의견 조회 요청 자격은 ILO의 노사정 구성원인 정부 또는 국내외 대표적인 노사단체로, 대한전공의협의회는 '의견 조회' 요청 자격을 인정받지 못했다"고 부연했다.
ILO는 요청 당사자에도 이러한 사실을 통보한 것으로 알려졌다.
앞서 인턴·레지던트 단체인 대전협은 지난 13일 정부가 사직 전공의에게 업무개시명령을 내린 것이 ILO의 29호 협약 '강제 또는 의무 노동에 관한 협약'을 위반한 것이라며 개입 요청 서한을 보냈다고 밝혔다.
노동부는 인터벤션 절차가 ILO 공식 감독기구에 관한 절차가 아니라 '의견 조회' 형식에 가깝다고 설명하고 있다.
지난 2022년 화물연대 업무개시명령에 대해 공공운수노조가 ILO에 개입을 요청했을 당시 ILO는 요청 문서 접수 나흘 뒤 주제네바 대표부를 통해 우리 정부의 의견을 요청한 바 있다.
노동부 관계자는 "이번의 경우 ILO가 요청 자격 자체가 안 된다고 판단해 정부에 대한 별도의 공식 조치가 없었던 것으로 파악됐다"고 전했다.
대전협의 ILO 개입 요청을 대리한 법무법인 로고스의 조원익 변호사는 이와 관련해 "지난 15일 ILO로부터 (인터벤션이) 정부나 노사단체만 참여할 수 있는 절차여서 더 이상 진행할 수 없다는 취지의 회신을 받았다"고 말했다.
조 변호사는 "대전협이 전공의들을 대표하는 유일한 단체라는 점을 설명해 곧바로 다시 개입을 요청했고, 이에 대한 판단이 곧 나올 것으로 예상된다"고 밝혔다.
mihye@yna.co.kr
21세기 영어교육연구회 / ㈜ 파우스트 칼리지
전 화 : (02)386-4802 / (02)384-3348
이메일 : faustcollege@naver.com / ceta211@naver.com
Blog : http://blog.naver.com/ceta211 21세기 영어교육연구회
Cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/21ceta 21세기 영어교육연구회
Web-site : www.faustcollege.com (주)파우스트 칼리지