Samsung recalled the phone last week after reports emerged of the device exploding during or after charging.
Qantas and Virgin Australia have also told customers not to charge or use the phone during flights.
Battery problems
Samsung has said that battery problems were behind the phones catching fire, but that it was difficult to work out which phones were affected among those sold.
"In light of recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its Galaxy Note 7 devices, the Federal Aviation Administration strongly advises passengers not to turn on or charge these devices on board aircraft and not to stow them in any checked baggage," the FAA said.
Following Samsung Australia's recall of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Qantas said on Thursday it was "requesting that passengers who own [the devices] do not switch on or charge them in-flight."
The phone was launched last month and has been otherwise generally well-received by consumers and critics.
Some 2.5 million Note 7s have been shipped globally.
Samsung has said customers who have already bought the phone will be able to swap it for a new one and that it would take about two weeks to prepare replacement devices.
Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Analysis: Dave Lee, BBC North America technology reporter
This is precautionary advice and not understood to be in reaction to any incident on a plane.
But it does continue the headache for Samsung - even once the company goes through the motions of getting the device recalled, the Note 7 will forever be the exploding smartphone.
This is not the first time the FAA has warned about the dangers of lithium batteries on flights. Earlier this year, it urged airlines to assess the risk of transporting lithium batteries as cargo.
And the administration also insists that any spare lithium battery be kept with the passenger rather than kept with luggage in the hold - though as a person who regularly travels with big lithium batteries for camera equipment, I can tell you this is inconsistently enforced.
The US trade group Airlines for America said it was "closely monitoring" the Note 7 issue and that carriers in the US would make their own ruling over the use of the phone on board.
"Each individual carrier makes determinations, in compliance with FAA safety rules and regulations, as to what is permitted to be carried on board and in the cargo hold," an Airlines for America spokesperson said in a statement.
South Korea-listed shares of Samsung Electronics were down close to 3% in early Friday trade.
------------------
대략 내용 요약...
미 연방 항공국에서 노트7 유저들에게 비행기내에서 폰 사용을 자제할 것을 당부함.
그외에 퀀타스와 버진 오스트레일리아도 똑같은 내용을 승객들에게 부탁함.
삼성은 배터리 문제가 있는거 같다고 얘기하고 있는데, 어떤 폰이 문제가 있는지 밝혀내는건 매우 어렵다고 함
그에 따라 미 연방항공국은 기내에서 폰 사용을 자제해줄 것을 강력히 권고하는 바이며, 위탁 수하물에도 폰을 넣지 않도록 해달라고 당부함
삼성의 입장도 매우 골치아플거라고 전문가가 말함.
리콜을 한다해도 노트7은 영원히 폭발하는 스마트폰으로 기억에 남을거라고...
미 연방항공국이 리튬 배터리에 대해 경고한것이 이번이 처음은 아님. 올해 초에도 리튬 배터리 위탁 수하물 수송에 대해서 주의해달라고 항공사들에게 주의를 부탁함.
현재 미 항공사들은 노트7에 대해서 주의깊게 지켜 보는 중이고 향후 이에 따른 자체 규정을 만들수도 있다고 함
첫댓글 쉬이벌..아직환불됩니까?ㅎ
진짜 이 정도면 놋7 그만 만들고, 환불 해주고 다른 라인으로 같은 스펙 제품을 내 놓은 게 낫겠어.. 배터리만 제대로된 제품으로 교체해서. 이전에는 배터리 폭발 사고 없었쟈나 ㅠ 그런 배터리 쓰면 안되냐규
노트7을 버려라...
시발환불하고싶어ㅠㅠ
노트6을 만들어
그것이 실제로 일어났습니다
삼성안사요~~