|
[속보] 헌재, ‘마은혁 불임명’ 권한쟁의심판 선고 연기, 10일 변론 재개···“헌재 결정 안 따르면 위헌”
[Breaking News] Constitutional Court Delayed Sentence for 'Mae Eun-hyuk Infertility' Competency Dispute, Resuming Arguments on the 10th, ·"Unconstitutional unless Constitutional Court decides."
입력 : 2025.02.03 12:18 경향신문
헌법재판소가 최상목 대통령 권한대행이 마은혁 헌법재판관 후보자를 임명하지 않은 것이 국회의 권한을 침해했거나 위헌인지 여부에 대한 선고를 3일 연기한다고 밝혔다. 당초 헌재는 이날 오후 선고할 예정이었으나, 최 대행이 변론 재개를 요청하면서 이렇게 결정했다. 헌재는 마 후보자 임명 보류가 위헌이라는 결정이 나왔는데 최 대행이 이를 따르지 않는다면 “헌법과 법률을 위반한 것”이라고 밝혔다.
The Constitutional Court said it will postpone the sentence on whether Acting President Choi Sang-mok's failure to appoint Ma Eun-hyuk, a candidate for Constitutional Court, violated the authority of the National Assembly or was unconstitutional by three days. The Constitutional Court was originally scheduled to sentence later in the day, but made the decision when Acting President Choi asked for the resumption of the hearing. The Constitutional Court said that it was unconstitutional to suspend the appointment of Ma, but if Acting President Choi did not comply, it would be a "violation of the Constitution and the law."
헌재는 이날 우원식 국회의장이 국회 대표로 최 대행을 상대로 낸 권한쟁의심판의 변론을 오는 10일 오후 2시 재개한다고 공지했다. 김정환 변호사(법무법인 도담)가 같은 취지로 제기한 헌법소원 사건의 선고기일은 추후 지정하겠다고 밝혔다. 헌재는 두 사건을 이날 오후 2시 선고할 예정이었다.
The Constitutional Court announced that it will resume arguments in the power dispute trial filed by Woo Won-shik, chairman of the National Assembly, against Choi as the representative of the National Assembly at 2 p.m. on the 10th. It said it will designate a later date for the constitutional appeal case filed by Kim Jung-hwan (Dodam, a law firm) with the same intent. The Constitutional Court was scheduled to sentence the two cases at 2 p.m. on the same day.
최 대행은 지난해 12월 정계선·조한창 헌법재판관을 임명했지만 이들과 함께 국회가 선출한 마 후보자에 대해선 ‘여야 합의가 되지 않았다’는 취지로 임명을 보류했다. 우 의장은 이 같은 결정이 “국회 권한을 침해했다”며 권한쟁의심판을 청구했다. 헌재는 지난달 22일 1차 변론에서 최 대행 측의 증인신청 등을 기각하고 곧바로 결론을 내리기로 했다. 최 대행 측은 지난달 31일 재판을 다시 열어달라는 취지의 변론 재개 신청서를 헌재에 제출했다.
In December last year, acting president Choi appointed political leaders and Constitutional Court justice Cho Han-chang, but with the intention that the ruling and opposition parties did not reach an agreement on Ma, who was elected by the National Assembly along with them, were put on hold. Woo said the decision "violated the authority of the National Assembly" and requested a trial for power dispute. The Constitutional Court rejected Choi's request for witnesses in the first hearing on April 22 and decided to draw a conclusion immediately. Choi submitted an application to resume his argument to the Constitutional Court on April 31 to ask for a resumption of the trial.
헌재는 최 대행이 마 후보자를 임명하지 않은 사안에 대한 헌재의 결정에 따르지 않을 경우 “헌법·법률 위반”이라는 입장을 밝혔다. 정치권에서는 헌재가 위헌 결정을 내리더라도 최 대행이 마 후보자를 즉각 임명하지 않고 ‘버티기’를 할 수 있다는 관측이 나온다. 천재현 헌재 공보관은 언론브리핑에서 “(헌재 결정은) 강제적 집행력 없다는 것이지 그것에 따르지 않아도 된다는 취지는 아니다”라며 “헌재 취지에 따르지 않으면 헌법과 법률을 위반하는 것”이라고 말했다. 최 대행이 헌재 결정에 따르지 않으면 직무유기 등으로 처벌될 수 있다는 지적도 있다.
The Constitutional Court said that if Choi does not comply with the Constitution's decision on the matter of not appointing Ma, it would be a violation of the Constitution and the law. Political observers say that even if the Constitutional Court decides that it is unconstitutional, Choi can "stand" without immediately appointing Ma. "[The decision] means that there is no compulsory enforcement power, not that we don't have to comply with it," said Shin Jin-hyeon, a public information officer at the Constitutional Court. "If you don't comply with the purpose of the Constitution, you are violating the Constitution and the law." Some point out that if Choi fails to comply with the Constitutional Court's decision, he could be punished for dereliction of duty.
헌재는 윤석열 대통령 측이 문형배 헌재소장 권한대행과 이미선·정계선 재판관에 대해 제출한 회피 촉구 의견서를 검토 중이다. 윤석열 대통령 측은 이들의 개인적 친분과 과거 행적 등을 이유로 “공정한 탄핵심판을 위해 스스로 재판을 회피해야 한다”고 주장했다. 천 공보관은 “재판 회피는 재판관 스스로의 판단 하에 재판장의 허가를 받아서 재판에서 빠지는 것”이라며 “당사자(윤 대통령 측)의 신청권 자체가 없어 별도 결정을 내리지 않는다”고 말했다.
The Constitutional Court is considering a written opinion calling for the avoidance submitted by President Yoon Suk Yeol to the acting Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court Moon Hyung-bae and judges Lee Mi-sun and Jeong Gye-seon. President Yoon argued that they should "avoid the trial themselves for a fair impeachment trial," citing their personal friendship and past records. "Avoidance of trial is to be withdrawn from trial with the permission of the presiding judge at the judge's own judgment," public information officer Cheon said. "We do not make a separate decision because we do not have the right to apply to the person (President Yoon's side)."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Court to rule on constitutionality of non-appointment of 9th justice
헌법재판소, 제9대 판사 임명 불가에 대한 합헌 판결
Posted : 2025-02-03 10:47 Updated : 2025-02-03 10:50 The Korea Times
The Constitutional Court is set to rule Monday on the constitutionality of acting President Choi Sang-mok's decision to withhold the appointment of a ninth justice to its bench. 헌법재판소는 월요일에 최상목 권한대행의 아홉 번째 재판관 임명 보류 결정에 대한 합헌 판결을 내릴 예정입니다. Choi appointed two justices to the court in December but held off on the appointment of opposition-recommended Justice Ma Eun-hyuk, citing the need for a bipartisan consensus. 최 씨는 12월에 두 명의 판사를 법원에 임명했지만, 초당적인 합의가 필요하다는 이유로 야당 추천인 마은혁 대법관 임명을 보류했습니다. The issue of appointments to the nine-member bench, which is currently one member short, has been controversial as its composition could affect the impeachment trial of President Yoon Suk Yeol. 현재 한 명이 부족한 9명의 판사 임명 문제는 윤석열 대통령 탄핵 심판에 영향을 미칠 수 있어 논란이 되고 있습니다. Consent by six justices is necessary to uphold his impeachment by the National Assembly over his short-lived Dec. 3 imposition of martial law. 그의 단명한 12월 3일 계엄령 시행에 대한 국회의 탄핵을 지지하기 위해서는 여섯 명의 판사의 동의가 필요합니다. The court is scheduled to deliver its ruling at 2 p.m. on a competence dispute case filed by Assembly Speaker Woo Won-shik against Choi and a petition filed by a lawyer. 법원은 오후 2시에 우원식 국회의장이 최 씨를 상대로 제기한 권한쟁의 소송과 변호사가 제기한 탄원서에 대한 판결을 발표할 예정입니다. At issue is whether Choi's refusal to appoint a justice selected by the Assembly constitutes a violation of parliament's right to choose a justice, as well as the Constitution. 문제는 최 씨가 국회에서 선출한 대법관 임명을 거부하는 것이 헌법뿐만 아니라 의회의 대법관 임명권을 침해하는 것인지 여부입니다. In filing the petition, the lawyer claimed his right to receive a fair trial in other cases deliberated by the Constitutional Court was violated due to Choi's refusal to appoint justices. (Yonhap)------ 청원서를 제출하면서 변호사는 최 씨의 재판관 임명 거부로 인해 헌법재판소가 심의한 다른 사건에서도 공정한 재판을 받을 권리가 침해되었다고 주장했습니다. (연합뉴스)------ |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[속보] 헌재 “최상목, ‘마은혁 불임명 위헌’ 결정시 안 따르면 헌법·법률 위반”
[Breaking News] Constitutional Court "Choi Sang-mok violates constitution and law if he decides that Ma Eun-hyuk's infertility is unconstitutional."
입력 : 2025.02.03 11:14 김나연 기자 경향신문
지난달 31일 서울 종로구 헌법재판소. 성동훈 기자
헌법재판소가 최상목 대통령 권한대행이 마은혁 헌법재판관 후보자를 임명하지 않은 데 대한 헌재 결정에 따르지 않을 경우 “헌법·법률 위반”이라는 입장을 밝혔다.
The Constitutional Court said that if acting President Choi Sang-mok does not comply with the Constitutional Court's decision on not appointing Ma Eun-hyuk, the nominee for Constitutional Court justice, it is a "violation of the Constitution and the law."
천재현 헌재 공보관은 3일 서울 종로구 헌재에서 언론 브리핑을 하고 “(헌법소원이) 인용됐는데 결정 취지에 따르지 않는 것은 헌법과 법률 위반하는 것”이라고 말했다. 이어 “(헌재 결정은) 강제적 집행력 없다는 것이지 그것을 따르지 않아도 된다는 취지는 아니다”라고 덧붙였다.
Shin Jae-hyun, a public information officer at the Constitutional Court in Jongno-gu, Seoul, said at a press briefing on the 3rd, "It is a violation of the Constitution and the law to fail to comply with the purpose of the decision even though (the constitutional petition) has been cited." "(The constitutional decision) means that it is not compulsory enforcement, and it does not mean that you do not have to follow it," he added.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[속보] 헌재, ‘마은혁 불임명’ 권한쟁의심판 선고 연기, 10일 변론 재개···“헌재 결정 안 따르면 위헌”
[Breaking News] Constitutional Court Delayed Sentence for 'Mae Eun-hyuk Infertility' Competency Dispute, Resuming Arguments on the 10th, ·"Unconstitutional unless Constitutional Court decides."
입력 : 2025.02.03 12:18 경향신문
지난 2일 서울 종로구 헌법재판소. 정효진 기자
헌법재판소가 최상목 대통령 권한대행이 마은혁 헌법재판관 후보자를 임명하지 않은 것이 국회의 권한을 침해했거나 위헌인지 여부에 대한 선고를 3일 연기한다고 밝혔다. 당초 헌재는 이날 오후 선고할 예정이었으나, 최 대행이 변론 재개를 요청하면서 이렇게 결정했다. 헌재는 마 후보자 임명 보류가 위헌이라는 결정이 나왔는데 최 대행이 이를 따르지 않는다면 “헌법과 법률을 위반한 것”이라고 밝혔다.
The Constitutional Court said it will postpone the sentence on whether Acting President Choi Sang-mok's failure to appoint Ma Eun-hyuk, a candidate for Constitutional Court, violated the authority of the National Assembly or was unconstitutional by three days. The Constitutional Court was originally scheduled to sentence later in the day, but made the decision when Acting President Choi asked for the resumption of the hearing. The Constitutional Court said that it was unconstitutional to suspend the appointment of Ma, but if Acting President Choi did not comply, it would be a "violation of the Constitution and the law."
헌재는 이날 우원식 국회의장이 국회 대표로 최 대행을 상대로 낸 권한쟁의심판의 변론을 오는 10일 오후 2시 재개한다고 공지했다. 김정환 변호사(법무법인 도담)가 같은 취지로 제기한 헌법소원 사건의 선고기일은 추후 지정하겠다고 밝혔다. 헌재는 두 사건을 이날 오후 2시 선고할 예정이었다.
The Constitutional Court announced that it will resume arguments in the power dispute trial filed by Woo Won-shik, chairman of the National Assembly, against Choi as the representative of the National Assembly at 2 p.m. on the 10th. It said it will designate a later date for the constitutional appeal case filed by Kim Jung-hwan (Dodam, a law firm) with the same intent. The Constitutional Court was scheduled to sentence the two cases at 2 p.m. on the same day.
최 대행은 지난해 12월 정계선·조한창 헌법재판관을 임명했지만 이들과 함께 국회가 선출한 마 후보자에 대해선 ‘여야 합의가 되지 않았다’는 취지로 임명을 보류했다. 우 의장은 이 같은 결정이 “국회 권한을 침해했다”며 권한쟁의심판을 청구했다. 헌재는 지난달 22일 1차 변론에서 최 대행 측의 증인신청 등을 기각하고 곧바로 결론을 내리기로 했다. 최 대행 측은 지난달 31일 재판을 다시 열어달라는 취지의 변론 재개 신청서를 헌재에 제출했다.
In December last year, acting president Choi appointed political leaders and Constitutional Court justice Cho Han-chang, but with the intention that the ruling and opposition parties did not reach an agreement on Ma, who was elected by the National Assembly along with them, were put on hold. Woo said the decision "violated the authority of the National Assembly" and requested a trial for power dispute. The Constitutional Court rejected Choi's request for witnesses in the first hearing on April 22 and decided to draw a conclusion immediately. Choi submitted an application to resume his argument to the Constitutional Court on April 31 to ask for a resumption of the trial.
헌재는 최 대행이 마 후보자를 임명하지 않은 사안에 대한 헌재의 결정에 따르지 않을 경우 “헌법·법률 위반”이라는 입장을 밝혔다. 정치권에서는 헌재가 위헌 결정을 내리더라도 최 대행이 마 후보자를 즉각 임명하지 않고 ‘버티기’를 할 수 있다는 관측이 나온다. 천재현 헌재 공보관은 언론브리핑에서 “(헌재 결정은) 강제적 집행력 없다는 것이지 그것에 따르지 않아도 된다는 취지는 아니다”라며 “헌재 취지에 따르지 않으면 헌법과 법률을 위반하는 것”이라고 말했다. 최 대행이 헌재 결정에 따르지 않으면 직무유기 등으로 처벌될 수 있다는 지적도 있다.
The Constitutional Court said that if Choi does not comply with the Constitution's decision on the matter of not appointing Ma, it would be a violation of the Constitution and the law. Political observers say that even if the Constitutional Court decides that it is unconstitutional, Choi can "stand" without immediately appointing Ma. "[The decision] means that there is no compulsory enforcement power, not that we don't have to comply with it," said Shin Jin-hyeon, a public information officer at the Constitutional Court. "If you don't comply with the purpose of the Constitution, you are violating the Constitution and the law." Some point out that if Choi fails to comply with the Constitutional Court's decision, he could be punished for dereliction of duty.
헌재는 윤석열 대통령 측이 문형배 헌재소장 권한대행과 이미선·정계선 재판관에 대해 제출한 회피 촉구 의견서를 검토 중이다. 윤석열 대통령 측은 이들의 개인적 친분과 과거 행적 등을 이유로 “공정한 탄핵심판을 위해 스스로 재판을 회피해야 한다”고 주장했다. 천 공보관은 “재판 회피는 재판관 스스로의 판단 하에 재판장의 허가를 받아서 재판에서 빠지는 것”이라며 “당사자(윤 대통령 측)의 신청권 자체가 없어 별도 결정을 내리지 않는다”고 말했다.
The Constitutional Court is considering a written opinion calling for the avoidance submitted by President Yoon Suk Yeol to the acting Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court Moon Hyung-bae and judges Lee Mi-sun and Jeong Gye-seon. President Yoon argued that they should "avoid the trial themselves for a fair impeachment trial," citing their personal friendship and past records. "Avoidance of trial is to be withdrawn from trial with the permission of the presiding judge at the judge's own judgment," public information officer Cheon said. "We do not make a separate decision because we do not have the right to apply to the person (President Yoon's side)."
21세기 영어교육연구회 / ㈜ 파우스트 칼리지
전 화 : (02)386-4802 / (02)384-3348
이메일 : faustcollege@naver.com / ceta211@naver.com
Cafe : http://cafe.daum.net/21ceta 21세기 영어교육연구회
Band : http://band.us/@ceta21 21세기 영어교육연구회
Blog : http://blog.naver.com/ceta211 21세기 영어교육연구회
Web-site : www.faustcollege.com (주)파우스트 칼리지
|